Sunday 25 September 2011

TOP OF THE POPS

A list of my top ten movies ever... (Well top 18 movies ever, coz I couldn't cut them down.) They are in no particular order, because that would be too difficult, and I'll probably (definitely) have forgotten a few...

1)Titanic So Leo will probably crop up a few times in this list (just warning you.) I went to see this movie seven times at the cinema, I was eleven (legally underage may I add- as the film is certified 12) and each time I thought MAYBE THIS TIME JACK WON'T DIE. He died every time. Whoops just spoilt the ending... sozza. I don't care what ANYONE says, even if you don't like the story coz it's too "obvious or whatever" the research and the continuity in this film are faultless. They REBUILT half the ship for gods sake!? And did you know, for all the water scenes, they pumped Atalantic Ocean water in! That, my friends, is dedication. (Might know a bit too much about this movie?)



2)Heathers And so my obsession with Winona Ryder begins. Most of my adult life has been built around her. She's just amazing. Why Johnny and her never worked it out is just baffling. I mean she's WAY hotter than that gollum he ended up with. I remember the first night I met Paul he looked like JD in this movie. I thought i'd struck gold. He is still "Christian Slater" in my phone.

Full of OH SO MANY great one liners!
GROW UP HEATHER, BULIMIA IS SO 87. 
I SAY WE JUST GROW UP BE ADULTS AND DIE.
CORN NUTS
What is your damage Heather?
Great Pate Mom.

And who can forget BIG FUN?!




3)Wild at Heart I wonder if this is where Faris got his snakeskin jacket idea? Unfortunately no one can pull it off like Nicholas Cage. David Lynch being easily hands down my favourite director, Paul bought me this for me 22nd birthday, and has become "our film" I could watch it over and over again. Laura Dern is just incredible. Lula and Sailor forever.


4)Eternal Sunshine Jim Carey in his best role, and Kate Winslet making a second appearance in my favourite films. I love it when sci fi becomes tangible and is some what believable. One of the most beautifully painful romance films. I never fail to weep constantly (no news there then). A fantastic concept and brilliantly portrayed. The idea of erasing memories makes me feel sick, it also makes you appreciate the beauty and importance of simple things we do not even register in this life.

5)In the name of the Father I was wondering how long it would be before Daniel Day Lewis made an appearance. Well here it is. The story of The Guilford Four, four people falsely convicted of the IRA bombing in Guilford. An all star cast with Daniel, Pete Postlethwaite, Emma Thompson and John Lynch. 

6) Rocky Horror Show Don't really need to say anything about this really do I? Well done Tim Curry for being the only man MAN ENOUGH to make dressing up as a woman HOT.

7)Trainspotting Do you find that this approach usually works? Or let me guess, you've never tried it before. In fact, you don't normally approach girls - am I right? The truth is that you're a quiet sensitive type but, if I'm prepared to take a chance, I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal. Taxi! A little bit crazy, a little bit bad. But hey - don't us girls just love that? ENOUGH SAID. OH AND DON'T DO HEROIN. 

8) True Romance Christian Slater's second appearance in my list, and I'm pretty sure if you read on he'll make another one. Similar pattern to Wild At Heart. I hope I can drive across America one day in an open top car. (I don't want to die though... Or get shot)


9) Cry Baby Well, I'm quite surprised Johnny is so far down the list! John Waters was always gonna get in here. A defining film in my life. I once had a dream I got to star in a movie with Johnny as Crybaby Walker, and he fell in love with me, but I told him I just didn't like him in that way.

10) What's Eating Gilbert Grape Johnny and Leo strike again. LOVE this film. And Johnny- GREAT HAIR. It's a crime that mini Leo didn't get the oscar for this role.

11) Interview With The Vampire The best Antonio, Brad and Tom have EVER looked. Such a dark film, and so so ahead of its time. Just a shame about Kirsten Dunst really....

12) Nathalie Emmanuelle Beart SWOON.

13)Lolita Jeremy Irons playing a paedo, and somehow (strangely) justifying it. This makes me feel weird. Very weird.

14) Dirty Dancing NO. WORDS. NECESSARY. RIP.

15) Anne of 1000 days Richard Burton and Genevieve Bujold. I had an unhealthy obsession with The Tudors as a child, especially Anne Boleyn. So much so that I eventually came to the conclusion that I was in fact King Henry's second wife in a past life. This film reminds me of those times.

16) The Commitments This film is perfect. So sexy. So Irish. So right.


17) Far and away OK so this one is a slight guilty pleasure. And I really don't like Tom Cruise, so I feel a bit annoyed at myself that he's crept in here TWICE now. But this film is amazing.

18) Robin Hood HI THERE. Christian Slater scores a hat trick. What a corker. I especially LOVE how he doesn't even BOTHER to attempt an English Accent. LOVE IT. But he can get away with it because he's Christian Slater. Alan Rickman, also amazing.


Well that was actually really therapeutic. It took me the WHOLE weekend to decide, but I really feel like I've acheived something.


Paul also wanted to share his...


blade runner
schindlers list
fight club
true romance
memento
wild at heart
strictly ballroom
heat
romeo and juliet
priscilla queen of the desert
swingers
trainspotting
seven
in the name of the father
life is beautiful
dead mans shoes
bedknobs and broomsticks
old boy

NOW I WISH I'D INCLUDED SOME OF THEM!!!! WAHHHH